Tuesday, November 25, 2003

What's The Next Song?

As a consequence of listening to a favourite album, or a 'various' album, a mix tape, or a playlisting radio station too frequently, you may be used to expecting to hear a particular song just as another ends.

For me, every time I hear 'Blister In The Sun' by the Violent Femmes, rather, when I hear it ending, I anticipate the first few bars of The Cure's 'A Forest', as a consequence of listening to a tape of JJJ's Hottest 100 from one of its first incarnations, before they decided to restrict people's votes to songs released in that year.

It's started again with a mix CD Ministry of Sound released in May, "Chillout Session Summer 2003" ... well ... I've got the Australian release which is dated '2004' with a different track listing ... oh well, there goes that post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home