Tuesday, June 18, 2002

Current and Ex-IMH employees may remember the Beardy Weirdy who worked on Famous Faces, David somethingorother. He brought his Vectrex into work one day, and I falled in lurrv with its upright vector graphics display and analog sticks, not putting too fine a point on it. This was after the 'my old box is older than your old box' series at Queens Rd, when Richard Allen brought that unit in that had the stick built into the keyboard. So anyways ... I was smitten and I'm top bidder for now on this old unit over at eBay ... keep off ya fuckers, it's mine ;) no overlays though. bummer.

Pol I read earlier that the Falklands war was the scene of some of the most spectacular naval action (boom boom) of the past hundred years. I guess that was before the Tamils started mixing it up with their suicide speedboats ... I remember something in Briggs' When The Wind Blows about the General and the Iron Maiden ... and the Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, for that matter, as well as The Invisibles, all mentioning the war, but nothing to mention how one-sided it was. Did you hear much about the watery bits?

PS whatever it is you're drinking, I'll have half, 'cause then you have to go with half less =) Want a housemate? I'm on the market soonish ...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home