Thursday, May 16, 2002

Ian - glad to see you're still with us... even if you are in Katherine. As it were. Would love to see Kakadu, hell, if I ever make it as far as Uluru, I'll be happy... Bill and I talked about a road trip last night, but I think even though I have NEXT WEEK OFF (aside: huzzah!) it would be a bit difficult to organise, especially given lack of money etc...
Anyway, today, I'm feeling cheated. Have just discovered that one of my favourite authors, Alain De Botton, who is especially good to read when you're in the mood for a mug of cocoa, extraneous band aids, huggles and being wrapped up in cotton wool - my zen-like philosopher-author - can afford to be fucking zen-like, cause his dad is a fucking billionaire... I honestly wish I'd known that when I got my book signed by him, I would have made more interesting conversation, brought a big knife, held him to ransom for *assumes Dr Evil pose* "One bill-ion dollars!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home