Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Some days, news finds you...
After finally following the lesbian slasher link (ok, I know I'm slack these days) and realising that it happened in berkshire (where I "lived" for a year) I clicked on the the local news for Newbury and Thatcham (where I used to live) to see if anything had happened since I left. This is a town, remember, that has so little news that the local paper is only printed once a week, although whe I was there, there was a flurry of excitement when a policeman was attacked by youths, had superglue squirted in his eyes and was thrown over a bridge into the river Kennet. It was later discovered that there were no youths, and the crazy cop had done it to himself cause he was depressed... but anyway, I digress - that just gives you an inkling of what the townsfolk are like - another inkling would be to point out that Hungerford, site of the infamous Michael "I am Rambo" Ryan massacre was just down the road. I'm getting to my point, really I am - one of the other headlines on that site was this: Nine-year-old's suicide after Playstation fight. Scary.