Wednesday, April 10, 2002

Panic Room: I've read the Slashdot review of it by the infamous John Katz, as well as The Onion's A.V. Club review, so a few more spoilers here aren't gonna rain on my parade. I've heard there are a few, let's say, technical inconsistencies in the plot, not to mention the daughter's sudden ailment. I'd certainly keep a few ventolin and flixotide inhalers in a room like that -- oh, and a mobile phone too. Or as we say in Deutchland -- Der Handy!

Saw Metropolis last night -- and I saw someone else seeing Metropolis last night too ;). Starting to get a little tired of anime plots making insufficient sense to actually enjoy the eye-candy. Hey Pol, want to see 'Exodus' at the Astor? I'll shave my head too. We can wear the brown shirts (^_^)

I've been aware that things ain't right on the Left Bank since I read the Crisis/Amnesty tie-in from `89 that featured an article on the first Intifada. It had some great little vignettes, including accounts of IDF troops systematically breaking the arms of young men and children, even as young as 8, to stop them from stone-throwing, and gas attacks that left children bent the wrong way, just like what happened to the kids at Waco after they inhaled too much CS gas. It was interesting to read how at even that stage, Israel depended on low-waged workers from the occupied territories, who bussed through checkpoints for the privelige of sweeping streets, emptying rubbish bins and other menial, character-building duties. Keep 'em in their place, I suppose. Viva UK comics! Viva Amnesty! Bumper sticker reported in alt.slack: "Boycott the Holocaust." Speaks volumes.

I can't actually remember the last thing I saw at the Hastur, but I know it was with Bignose. Nothing in his blog. It is a mystery!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home