Monday, May 07, 2001

2001: A Space Odyssey.... a) now I know where those weird space nightmares I had as a kid come from and b)"odyssey" is not an easy word to spell.

On a related, "viewing spectacle" note: Did anyone see The Scarlet Pimpernel last night? It was so-oo bad. I'm really beginning to worry about Richard E. Grant's career; it looked like a bad case of the baby needs a new pair of shoes to me, and the script sounded like it was written by the people who write the Mills and Boon plot guides. I kinda have a soft spot for him, being that he was in the very brilliant Withnail and I, but I feel that - looking at his somewhat appalling sounding recent work via IMDB - somehow, the mighty have fallen... he needs to do something darkly comedic - and fast. Maybe there's room for an insane professoe/surgeon type in the next sequel to The Mummy...?

*then gets all maudlin about Paul McGann and his porcelain skin and gorgeous profile.... He'd better be good in Queen of the Damned...*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home