Thursday, October 18, 2001

I've got an almost 'crocodile hunter' style past with strange poisonous things... #1 - when I was in Thailand, I got stung by a scorpion - late at night, sitting on a boulder outside with some people, I moved a little rock with my feet and BAM! About 5 minutes later I realised if I was going to die, it would have happened already... #2 - clambering around cliffs on the great ocean road, I saw something move, so I went to have a look - and saw a brown snake rear back up at me, before my boyfriend yanked me to safety and gave me a 45 minute lecture about Australia having millions of poisonous animals... #3 - going to bed one night, I saw a white tail on the wall just above my pillow, even though I prefer to hurl spiders out of the window (watch them fly!) I decided to kill this one, and ran off to get a newspaper to squish it. Came back, couldn't find it, thought better of sleeping there and transported lamp, alarm clock, duvet, book and pillows (after shaking them!) into the living room and slept on the couch. Next evening when I came home from work, decided to check for the white tail and at the same time clean up my bedroom, couldn't find it, saw a bit of knotted cotton on the floor (I had been sewing) picked it up, wondered why it wasn't soft, had a closer look.... at a squashed white tail. The icky thing was, I must have squashed it with my bare feet the night before... Oops!

Reasons to stay in Australia #11 (one of a series)
11. Deep fried mars bars haven't reached here yet.

Spelling mistakes that are more amusing than your original point:
Deep fried mars bard.... an all new shakespeare crunchy snack - from space!

I'll shut up now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home