Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Cripes, it's been like a month since I posted. But it has been a hectic month, with miscellaneous birthdays, and other dramatic events unfolding in the noodlebob household.

First of all, birthdays, Harry and I are another year older and still no wiser (thanks for the birthday greets, Pol!) as is Bill's sister. Whether or not we all start acting like adults remains to be seen, but I can now say I've eaten truffles, (thank you Bill for the birthday dinner) so I feel pretty growed up about everything.

Second, and I'm sure the whole world knows about this by now even though we tried to keep it secret, there will be an addition to the noodlebob household in may. Bill and I are expecting progeny, preferably with the right amount of limbs, which, according to the books I read, have already being formed, along with eyeballs and fingertips and other stuff... no wonder I am so tired!

Third, we (Bill, Harry, Liz and I) went to do the candlelight tour of Old Melbourne Gaol last friday night... I guess it was less scary than I wanted it to be, though it was pretty creepy at times. I was trying to think of the most scared I've ever been, but couldn't really think of anything outstanding. There was the time some friends and I did a ouija board and got some very freaky answers, and then there was the time I thought my landlady had died in her bedroom (no-one there, she had gone to visit her sick relative, and her room just smelled a bit ripe). The house where I grew up was always a bit odd, but usually not scary-evil odd. Though I did end up saying stuff like "look, we live here now" to thin air when I was by myself there a few times... The kettle would quite regularly switch itelf on - which, let's face it, was pretty handy - and there was a room which I hated going in (weirdly, it only had that effect on girls, the guys didn't feel anything creepy) . And every now and again, one of us would see something flash by when there was no-one else around. Which wasn't as scary as it sounds cause your brain assumes it's someone you know until you realise there's no-one else in the house, by which point you're pretty much over it.

Okay, I think I've made up for my abscence now... as you were, art lovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home