Saturday, December 07, 2002

Nick liked Elvis, Elvis hated Co$, Lisa Marie was in the Co$. *shrug*.

"One day, in L.A., we got in the limousine and went down to the Scientology center on Sunset, and Elvis went in and talked to them. We waited in the car, but apparently they started doing all these charts and crap for him. Elvis came out and said 'Fuck those people! There's no way I'll ever get involved with that son-of-a-bitchin' group. All they want is my money.' Well, Peggy still kept on about it, so Elvis didn't date her any more. And he stayed away from Scientology like it was a cobra. He'd shit a brick to see how far Lisa Marie's gotten into it."
Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations From The Memphis Mafia by Alanna Nash, with Billy Smith, Marty Lacker, and Lamar Fike (copyright 1995, Harper Collins). Italics added.

Hail to the King, baby.

Maybe it was all those weird ads he did that drove them apart.

"Oh, hi there. This is a little song I just wrote about the things I love ... [singing]: ./` ./` A red headed girl ... a walk in the rain ... peanut butter sandwiches and ... pachinkooooo ... ./` ./`"

Thanks again for the invite Fowzuh, should be there with bells on, not the jingly kind mind. Was recently asked by female parental unit if I 'knew' what I was 'doing' for 'christmas'. Resisting the temptation to say that rarely does anyone truly 'know' what they are 'doing', I replied, 'I dunno, probably getting drunk with friends.' FLAWLESS VICTORY.

To refresh everyone's memory, here's the Saturnalia online comic I think of every year come December. Taken from E-Sheep. "1995. keywords: paganism, christmas, yule, winter solstice, horned god. warnings: nudity, sex, religiously offensive; not very well drawn." Modest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home