Friday, November 22, 2002

I was visitor 3000 on this website a moment ago, quite an achievement for a girl whose dogs won't listen to her any more. I was going to type something about it, but by the time I noticed I was 3000, I'd already clicked on one of the infogrames links and in my haste to write about it, cause, let's face it, I *am* going a bit stir crazy here, I doubleclicked the back button, and when I returned I was 3002. Which kind of defeated the purpose of this post.

My uncle is dying/dead. He's my godfather. He is/was 52, and he lived on a diet of guinness and cigars. In his house, he used to have one of those jumbo, metre high whisky bottles, filled with one and two pence pieces. I always thought that bottle was some sort of promo thing. Now I realise he probably drank the lot on the way home from Dublin after buying it duty free. He had a heart attack in Woolworths in Pudsey, and his heart stopped for too long... now he's on a ventilator in intensive care, but it's just a matter of time. Nobody in the family knew what had happened for about 24 hours because he had no ID on him. It's all very surreal, and I don't like it one little bit.

So, can everyone please make sure that you have some ID and a next of kin in your wallets? Please? Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home