Sunday, October 20, 2002

Hi everyone... I finally made it back to feistynoodle. And on the way, typed about four user names before I got the right one when I logged in just now. So a rap on the knuckles for me for neglect of bloggage.
So... what's news... well, Miss Purdey is in Queensland, copying her mum and becoming a Mrs, this time with a lovely weimaraner boy called Swaggy. Which is quite weird. Kudra is a bit nervous; first all these people turned up, then mum and dad took them away in their car and they didn't come back, and then Auntie Emma went away too, whisked off by mum and dad. And Purdey is nowhere to be seen either, she's looked under the fence and everywhere. So Kudra was understandably concerned when we decided to take her to St Andrews on Saturday... poor girl thought we were going to do away with her! So she was really well behaved in the car, and quite pleased with herself when she returned home alive!

Wedding stuff - yes, went very well - Pol I need your address cause we will send you some photos. Thanks to everyone for the lovely gifts, but olde worlde thankyou notes will be in the poste at fome point foone.
Origami - everyone loved it, I was only surprised that not many people threw it!
Honeymoon - I was thinking of doing some 'Collective Noun' style fundraising, so that Bill and I can continue to live at the lake house in daylesford and, just as importantly, continue to eat at the lake house. The only place where I've ever been served an amuse bouche between hors d'oevres and the entrée (In fact the only place I've ever beeen served an amuse bouche at all... I have tried the high life and I like it.
Hanging Rock - I went to Hanging Rock!!!! We packed a picnic to eat there - well, the good people at the lake house packed it for us - the only problem was that we were so incredibly hung over from tasty local beer, several glasses of champagne (or more arcanely - "we have been champagned! send help!") and a whole bottle of shiraz (drunk from what could only be described as wine glasses the size of a cow) that we climbed right to the top, I got vertigo, and we had to practically run back down to the bottom so we could both have some alka seltzer. But Alka Seltzer at Hanging Rock doesn't really have the same ring to it...
Having said that, it is a very spooky place, with some of the rock formations named things like "vampire cliff" and "the black hole of calcutta".

Right, I'm going to have pancakes now. Oh, and I forgot, I got to see snakes having sex when I went to Healesville on thursday. And ginger ice cream sounds weird but is actually really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home