Thursday, July 11, 2002

Video games... it was weird, the other night I was watching this show about apes who've learned to do sign language, and talk with a speech board etc etc... one of them was playing Pac Man... and I had this weird yearning for about a day afterwards, to have my old Atari back so I could play Pac Man, Frostbite (jump across rivers using icebergs! Avoid polar bears! And that's about all you could do!! - It was cool, and addictive, and I liked it.) adnd of course, Yars Revenge, whereby I first developed my disdain for reading manuals, and also unwittingly got a vague idea of what it must have been like to drop acid in 1976 (look at all the colours...)

Unrelated news #1 - has anyone heard that Mike Myers is apparently going to play the lead role in a biopic about Keith Moon? I wonder if they'll remember to film the episode when Keith was driven through Golders Green (big jewish area of London), standing up through the sun roof, dressed as a Nazi and shouting "Schnell! Schnell!! Das is meine Messerschidt! Ja!" or, well, something to that effect.

Unrelated news #2 - can anyone explain to me the new craze for dropping your pants in public? It happened a few days ago at a pride march in Florida - a guy shouted abuse at some of the marchers and then dropped his pants and hit the surprised marchers. And then today, some French guy cracked the shits in Miami International airport and dropped his pants in protest... bizarre.

Right, I'm off home to take more flu drugs and go to sleep. 'Night all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home