Thursday, September 13, 2001

I feel like I should write something about the horrific events in the USA the other day. But I'm not sure words are gonna come. I'm normally up for pouring scorn on the Americans, even more so than the Welsh, but no matter how many times you romp off overseas and pick fights with various third world countries, nobody deserves to have something like that happen. Note the word *nobody*. I'm not about to start defending all the heinous things the US government has done, I'm just saying that it should never happen, rather than it should only happen to you if you made it happen to us.

In 1994, over 100,000 Rwandans were massacred in the space of about a weekend. I heard it on the radio. It came on after some local celebrity news (something about Johhny Morris doing a book signing.) I just find it really strange that the judgement of a human life is largely based on the economy of the country they're living in, and how famous they might be.

In case you're wondering, I don't think I actually have a point here. I need some panadol. And I kinda liked the world trade towers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home