Monday, July 02, 2001

I did a very strange thing this weekend - I had acupuncture. And for the record, no, it doesn't hurt, apparently it boosts your immune system, and makes you feel all chilled and groovy. Ok, and faintly ridiculous too.... For the inquisitive, I had needles in the following places - one sticking out of the top of my head, two sticking out of my temples, and elbows, hands, shins, ankles and toes.
Faintly ridiculous changed to all out strange when the acupuncturist came back into the room with two things that looked like a cross between mini shredded wheat and those cotton wool rolls - and stuck them on the needles in my shins... and lit them. It certainly cures stress.... when you've got copper needles in your legs, with burning breakfast cereal attached, any hassle in your real life pales into insignificance.
But I felt all chilled afterwards, so I guess that was ok. Then the acupuncturist gave me several huge bags of herbs to make some "healing" tea. Oh, this ain't Twinings, baby! This stuff is so foul (imagine hot liquorice juice with salt and orange peel and you're getting there) that it must be doing me some good.... and look... marvel at the stinkytea....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home