Thursday, February 01, 2001

I think I just did something this morning that nobody else has ever done. I talked to an Elder of the church of Latter Day Saints - ie a Mormon - for about ten minutes on the tram and managed not to talk about God. Maybe he was just a naughty mormon. If you're wondering what we were talking about, it was Colin McRae Rally... Go figure! I felt sorry for the chick opposite me, she got the full god-bashing.... And why are the mormon drones called Elders? They're clearly younger - or maybe I'm meant to be assimilated before I'm 27....
Still, it's better than when the Jehovah's Witnesses got me when I was nine years old at home in bed with the flu. They talked to me so much I took their bloody Watchtower just so's I could go back to bed. What they hadn't bargained on was coming back next week to collect their poxy lil rag, and having to explain to my mum, for whom the phrase "Holy Terror" was invented, exactly why they'd tried to brainwash a nine year old kid with the flu and stripey pyjamas. I've never seen misguided religious freaks run so fast!
Time for your crazy godsquad stories, or at least anecdotes about stripey pyjamas....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home